Sunday, September 16, 2007

memories

I spent yesterday and last night watching my daughter in her first band contest. I was sitting in the stands and listening to the drum cadence as the band took the feild. It sent a shiver up my spine and my mind raced back to all the times I marched on the feild in high school....I swear the butterflies started and I dont think I took a breath until the music started. I was sitting next to my Mom and Dad and now I know how they felt when they watched me and my sister. It is a mix of pride and sick to your stomach until it is over and then you are so happy you just can't even describe the feeling. I looked over at Mom/Gran and she had tears running down her checks, I guess memories don't have an age limit.

later that night PLD won Grand Champion, best music, best percussion, best visual. ( I remember that feeling as well!)

On another note my son has now moved to the dark side! he has gotten a job as an umpire. He has his first game on Tuesday. He is trying on all the equipement right now and looks so grown up. I can't believe in teo years he will be in college.

I will put some pictures up of the sone.

No comments: